Friday, September 26, 2008

Starting the Journey

Once I realised that I wanted to be a professional organiser, I had to take the first steps in starting my business. Oh my goodness, just to decide on a name took forever. I eventually came up with a short list, but then realised all the names where already taken (somewhere in the world). I also wanted a name that is clear and simple and reflects "organised" the best. It then hit me... BEORGANISED and the best was, nobody else was using it. It was mine, it reflected me.

Then the logo, the business cards, business plan, communication plan, promotional material and last but not least, the website. Months of work went into the design and content and all the background stuff, like getting preparing templates for invoices, contracts, assessments, evaluations, feedback, etc. (I am the template queen)!

Finally, my business launched and I was so excited when I landed my first client from one of my first NETWORKING meetings! (I LOVE networking).

I embarked on this amazing journey of self fulfilment, of actually BEing what I was always meant to BE. I always knew I had a talent for helping people and a passion for it and I also know that I have a talent for creating order from chaos - from time to things. And here I could combine it all to improve the lives of many people struggling with the hectic demands that our modern life burdens us with.

No comments: